Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fire

it was different.

when they cut me open, there was light.
it shines from the sides of my eyes and the arch of my back.
and sometimes when i walked, it would line the imprints in the soil there.
but you stunned me still.
cause you were bursting on the floorand when you cut its fire.
things ive never seen.your fire and my light.
but when you yell the walls expandand you love me too much.
cause i try and dim me down.
to quiet the noise of fear.

and in the night my dreams ignite the sheets and burn my skin.
in the morning the shadows stay on the ceiling from the fan blades.
and its too bright just now, but i calm and close my eyes.and the tips of your hands singe at the arch of my backand i would shine but your lips keep me quiet, my lips quiet.

and my light flickers and fades cause you love me too much
but in the morning, when the sun stopped rising
you hold me down and burn my skin again
cause you love me too much
you hold me down and my light flickers and dances on the arch of my back;
escapes through the sides of my eyesbut the flames roar, and tear, and scream.

holding me there, and i cannot moves my eyes, or lips, or hips...
and in the morning the blinds are melted to the windowthe sheets are black and broken.
the walls have bleached the color of God
weightless grey rises and falls.

and there was never a mark upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment